AGR-255: Nutrition, diet and risk assessment
The research group was formed in 2008-2009 with the aim of organising and promoting research and training in the field of nutritional epidemiology and risk exposure in context of diet.
The group undertakes research in the following areas:
- Etiological factors in hormone-dependent diseases in terms of endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens.
- Estimation of the risk of exposure to hormonally active natural and synthetic substances through the diet.
- Nutritional studies in the Spanish population. Requirement modulating factors.
- Estimation of diet quality: development of quality indices.
- Analytical control of chemical pollutants (heavy metals) in foodstuffs.
- Study of the quality and analytical and sensory characterisation of olive oil.
Members of the group have participated in national and international projects aimed at measuring human exposure to synthetic molecules with hormone-disrupting effects for more than 20 years.
Likewise, various group members are currently leading a panel of experts concerned with the sensory characterisation of olive oil.